Why Dignity and Belonging?
A school culture of dignity and belonging is one where all students feel welcome, respected, and valued. It is a place where students feel like they can be themselves and where they know that their contributions are important. A school culture of dignity and belonging is important because it can help students to succeed academically, socially, and emotionally. When students feel like they belong, they are more likely to be engaged in school, to have positive relationships with their peers and teachers, and to feel good about themselves.
Who We Are:
Each member of the Synergy Education Consulting team believes that every student deserves the best education, in the power of teachers and schools to accomplish this, and in the humanity of each stakeholder.
Further, each team member holds a doctoral degree in Psychological Sciences, Sociology, or Education. Our team has a diverse skillset with a variety of experiences and expertise that allows us to accommodate a wide range of needs and deliver content at variable levels rooted in evidence and lived experiences. We value student-centered teaching, data-driven decision- making, and innovative educational approaches.
What We Do:
Our team at Synergy Education Consulting is a one-stop hub shop for your professional development needs. We deliver a customized plan for your organization to cultivate a culture of dignity and belonging.
All new collaborators undergo an intake process to guide our joint professional development work. The intake process aims to identify the organization’s desired goals, review previous professional development work, and learn from/give voice to each active stakeholder to understand their perceived strengths, goals, and needs. This is essential in developing proper decisions and constructing a professional development plan to serve best the organization where they are currently. The process includes data collection in the form of:
- Document review
- Brief survey
- Focus group(s) to collectively identify goals
After the intake, we will present a personalized proposal with a plan to meet needs and goals within the given time and budgetary parameters. Below you can find a list of professional development services that we offer:
- Design all preparatory materials
- Collect, analyze, and report both quantitative and qualitative data
- Faculty/Staff orientation introductory session
- Plan and facilitate professional development workshop training sessions, whole group and/or in small groups, with teachers and/or administrators and/or staff, depending on needs/goals
- Plan and facilitate professional development retreats for teachers and/or administrators
- Produce a final professional development report with data analysis and recommendations
- Conduct a concluding meeting to review the final report
- Provide certificates of completion
Synergy Education Consulting is a flexible and dynamic group. Our listed services are not exhaustive, and we adapt to meet our collaborators’ needs. If services are desired but not listed, we can still support your organization on its dignity and belonging journey. Contact us today!